Diet, exercise, genetics, and age all play a role in the look and underlying health of your skin. Unfortunately, you still may develop acne even while following a healthy diet and beauty routine. While surprising to hear, an estimated 50 million Americans suffer with the unappealing development of acne each year. In addition, many acne sufferers have to deal with permanent scarring from these unsightly blemishes. If you are dealing with scarring left behind from acne, consider repairing the look and health of your skin with these natural treatment options.
Applying an ice pack directly to your acne scars can be beneficial. The ice will reduce redness and inflammation around the scars while minimizing pores. Decreasing the pores in your skin will not only make your acne scars less visible, but it will also reduce your risk of developing acne in the future.
Since olive oil contains numerous antioxidants, it is an effective ingredient for stimulating healing of your scarred skin. To induce healing, reduce inflammation, and decrease that swelling that stems from your acne scars, complete the following steps:
- Wash your hands using warm water and liquid hand soap. Dry your hands after rinsing.
- Remove any makeup on your face using a gentle face cleanser and lukewarm water. Pat your face dry with a clean towel.
- Pour a few teaspoons of olive oil into your clean hands. You do not need a lot of the olive oil, since a little will go a long way.
- Massage the olive oil onto your face using circular motions. Be sure to cover all of your acne scars with a layer of the olive oil.
- Allow the olive oil to remain on your 20 to 30 minutes.
- Use warm water to rinse the olive oil off of your face. Use a clean towel to pay your face dry.
- Repeat each day to reduce the appearance of your acne scars.
Tea Tree Oil
Visit your local health food or vitamin store to purchase a small container of tea tree oil. Not only will this natural ingredient rid your skin of bacteria, but it also soothes the skin while diminishing fine lines and acne scars. Create a mask for your face using the following ingredients:
- 3 drops of tea tree oil
- 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil
- ½ of a tomato, finely chopped
Combine into a bowl until you have a paste. Apply the paste generously to your face and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Rinse your face using warm water.
Acne scars affect your skin's health and your self-esteem, but you can reduce the appearance of these unsightly imperfections. Using these non-toxic options, you can treat your acne scars in a natural manner. Contact an aesthetician in your area for more tips.